Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the dream.

dream. doesn't that have a positive connotation? doesn't that make this not a dream, but a nightmare? awakening from a nightmare is hardly a small feat. waking from a dream, many a thing can waken [myself] from a dream, but a nightmare? never.

the life i'm living now is not a dream, but a nightmare. and i don't believe i understand the magnitude, much less have an idea of an escape. i cannot escape. this state of mind, this instability, this insanity, is taking over, has taken over, as i feel all control of my life and myself slip through my shaking fingers.

i don't know what to do, i don't know where to turn. either i want to run, yet have nowhere to run to, or i want to hide, yet know i'll be found. there's nowhere to hide either, for you can neither run nor hide from yourself. perhaps there is no monster chasing me, searching for me. perhaps i am the monster. i have become a monster, a self-destructive harmful hurtful unstable monster. harmful to others, no longer just myself. the instability creeping out, infected all aspects of my life, as i continue to self-destruct, hell-bent on destroying everything, sabotaging everything i have left.

everything i have left. what do i have left? i no longer have myself left, for this person i have become is hardly myself. for if it is..perhaps i have already awoken from a dream..a dream that i was normal, functional, human. for that is hardly what i am now. human. what does it mean to be human? biology notes spread out in front of me, concepts to understand, cases to know, and none of it helps. evolution of homo sapien. adaptation, variation, evolution, natural selection. was i selected, was it fate, for me to have this curse? was this curse nowt but a mutation, a genetic mistake? perhaps myself i was a mistake. afterall, i was born as a replacement. what is this curse, and how does one lift it? must i do this myself, alone? i hide from others, avoid any social contact, for the idea creates fear. fear of what? fear of people seeing this broken mess i most resemble? perhaps what i fear most is being feared. being the one no one wants to end up like. afterall, i never wanted this.

i never wanted this.

2 comments:

  1. of course you Can be free. and you know. but there is a decision to be taken and start living a new life. you can be whoever you want, you just have to try hard enough.
    be strong, stay alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never wanted this either,
    but it will be ok.
    it has to be.
    just hold on there, this will pass.

    ps - i like your blog some imma followin'

    ReplyDelete